dcsimg
Problem installing NDS & iPlanet DS
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, April 4, 2002 07:01 PM

Dear all, I'm very new to LDAP & JNDI. Hopefully someone can help me with my problem & queries. I've downloaded both NDS & iPlanet DS for installation, but I get a same warning prior to installation. The message is about not able to determine the Domain name for my host and ask me to check out my TCP/IP properties to ensure that my Domain name is filled out. I've absolutely no idea what it meant. Could anyone explain to me or guide me in setting up a LDAP directory server? That is the problem I met & couldn't solve. Now for my query: I'm trying to use the directory server with Java to write an application to manage users. Other than the DS, do I need any WebServer or AppServer? As    More>>

Dear all,

I'm very new to LDAP & JNDI. Hopefully someone can help me with my problem & queries.

I've downloaded both NDS & iPlanet DS for installation, but I get a same warning prior to installation. The message is about not able to determine the Domain name for my host and ask me to check out my TCP/IP properties to ensure that my Domain name is filled out. I've absolutely no idea what it meant. Could anyone explain to me or guide me in setting up a LDAP directory server?

That is the problem I met & couldn't solve. Now for my query: I'm trying to use the directory server with Java to write an application to manage users. Other than the DS, do I need any WebServer or AppServer? As in, when I do my testing on the codes I've for the DS, how do I integrate my other servers with it? Or I don't have to? Like I say, I'm absolutely fresh with LDAP, so hopefully, someone can help.

Many Thanks.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact