Is there a better way to do this Invoice management system?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Rodrigo_Oviedo
Posted On:   Thursday, April 4, 2002 01:09 PM

Hi: I'm currently designing an invoice system for a middle size business. I'm using three layers: The client layer (HTML based) has an applet to monitor the invoicing process. The server is mainly a servlet that keeps the client informed while he does the invoicing. The server uses a persistence management mechanism to get the information from the database. The communication between client an server is done using a socket (I'm planning to establish a TCP connection between the applet and the servlet in order to keep the client informed on any change in the process state). The communication between the server an the persistence management mechanism is done using RMI.    More>>

Hi:
I'm currently designing an invoice system for a middle size business. I'm using three layers:

The client layer (HTML based) has an applet to monitor the invoicing process.

The server is mainly a servlet that keeps the client informed while he does the invoicing.

The server uses a persistence management mechanism to get the information from the database.

The communication between client an server is done using a socket (I'm planning to establish a TCP connection between the applet and the servlet in order to keep the client informed on any change in the process state).

The communication between the server an the persistence management mechanism is done using RMI.

Is there a better way to do this? Are there patterns related to this problem?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english :)

Rodrigo.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact