JMS. What Network protocol?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ann_Flavin
Posted On:   Thursday, April 4, 2002 04:08 AM

Hi, I am not big on network protocols and am trying to understand what JMS uses to transport its messages. Now JMS is just an API but is often described as a transport solution?? This is quite confusing. Does JMS encorporate all of the transport issues including the network transport protocol or is that completely up to the vendor? If so, what does J2EE use as a network protocol for its implementation of JMS? If it is up to the vendor, what network protocols are available in their choice and why choose one over the other? I know I have a lot of questions here, but I really need someone to explain it to me. Thanks in advance, Ann    More>>

Hi,

I am not big on network protocols and am trying to understand what JMS uses to transport its messages. Now JMS is just an API but is often described as a transport solution?? This is quite confusing. Does JMS encorporate all of the transport issues including the network transport protocol or is that completely up to the vendor? If so, what does J2EE use as a network protocol for its implementation of JMS?
If it is up to the vendor, what network protocols are available in their choice and why choose one over the other?

I know I have a lot of questions here, but I really need someone to explain it to me.

Thanks in advance,

Ann

<<Less

Re: JMS. What Network protocol?

Posted By:   Jens_Dibbern  
Posted On:   Thursday, April 4, 2002 05:28 AM

There is no network protocol specified as standard for JMS. Therefor interoperability between different JMS compliant products is not specified either. Considering this I do not care about the protocol Sun is using for their implementation. If you want to write you own JMS provider, you could use SMTP, design your own protocol or use an existing vendor protocol if you can get a proper spec.
About | Sitemap | Contact