dcsimg
Problems with Log4j
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Poorav_Chaudhari
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 3, 2002 05:20 PM

I am newbie to Log4j and at the moment am just trying to get one log statement out. I am using log4j-1.1.3. and tomcat 4.0.3. My application is based on the struts framework. In my action servlet, I am at the moment just trying to create an instance of the Category class using the follwing command. Category cat = Category.getInstance(LoginAction.class.getName()); It compiles fine but when the application comes to this class it spits out an error on the browser as below. root cause java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category at actions.LoginAction.perform(LoginAction.java:39) at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionPerform...    More>>

I am newbie to Log4j and at the moment am just trying to get one log statement out. I am using log4j-1.1.3. and tomcat 4.0.3. My application is based on the struts framework. In my action servlet, I am at the moment just trying to create an instance of the Category class using the follwing command.

Category cat = Category.getInstance(LoginAction.class.getName());

It compiles fine but when the application comes to this class it spits out an error on the browser as below.

root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category
at actions.LoginAction.perform(LoginAction.java:39)
at

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionPerform...

anyone have any idea what the problem could be.

help much needed and appreciated.

poorav    <<Less

Re: Problems with Log4j

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 3, 2002 10:34 PM

Hi, I have used Log4J with Tomcat. We have included log4j.jar to our webapps WEB-INF/lib-directory.

About | Sitemap | Contact