Sending Japanese Text in Mail
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mukund_Ramadoss
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 3, 2002 03:03 PM

John, We are having an UTF-8 database and all our HTML form data are UTF-8 encoded. We are using JavaMail for sending mails from our application. The method currently does not set any ContentType. When we send the Email from our application, containing Japanese characters, the netscape mail client identifies and displays Japanese characters properly. It detects the content type as ISO-8859-1, which is the default. For our Japanese users, who use dtmail of Solaris, the mail is displayed properly only when they login using UNICODE locale. If they login as EUCJP locale, the mail gets displayed as junk by dtmail. Can you please advise on whether I should set any ContentType   More>>

John,

We are having an UTF-8 database and all our HTML form data are UTF-8 encoded.

We are using JavaMail for sending mails from our application. The method currently does not set any ContentType. When we send the Email from our application, containing Japanese characters, the netscape mail client identifies and displays Japanese characters properly. It detects the content type as ISO-8859-1, which
is the default.

For our Japanese users, who use dtmail of Solaris, the mail
is displayed properly only when they login using UNICODE locale. If they login as EUCJP locale, the mail gets displayed as junk by dtmail.

Can you please advise on whether I should set any ContentType and if so what I should set in JavaMail?

Also let us know whether the mail content should be translated (as they are UTF-8 encoded, as our db is UTF-8 charset and also the html form which captures mail text is UTF-8 encoded).

A sample source code will be very useful.

Regards

Mukund

Please use html tags to format code blocks.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact