dcsimg
RMI & VPN
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   M_Wallach
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 3, 2002 11:14 AM

I have a Java Application that that communicates with a Server process using RMI. This runs fine in all cases but when the Client and trying to contact the server over VPN. Basically, it looks like the Client is able to talk to the server process, but the server process in not able to comminucate back to the Remote Object. One example of this is I have a Remote PrgressBar Object that the server is supposed to update when as the server does its thing. The Progress Bar is never able to update when running the Client App over VPN. Can anyone suggest where/how I might start attacking this in order to 1) either get it to work 2) determine (for whatever reason) I cannot get it to work over VPN? Thanks, Mike    More>>

I have a Java Application that that communicates with a Server process using RMI. This runs fine in all cases but when the Client and trying to contact the server over VPN.

Basically, it looks like the Client is able to talk to the server process, but the server process in not able to comminucate back to the Remote Object. One example of this is I have a Remote PrgressBar Object that the server is supposed to update when as the server does its thing. The Progress Bar is never able to update when running the Client App over VPN. Can anyone suggest where/how I might start attacking this in order to
1) either get it to work
2) determine (for whatever reason) I cannot get it to work over VPN?

Thanks,

Mike

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact