dcsimg
Browser getting hanged..please help..
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   satyendra_adhikari
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 2, 2002 10:43 PM

Hello! i am using URLConnection in a applet servlet communication it was running fine on local network but on web the browser gets hanged sometimes mainly when the network becomes very slow..so i have to terminate the application (browser)to get rid of it.Is there any good way to chech that communication is not possible so break the connection and let user see some message.If server is not running then a exception is generated and i am able to let thge user know that server is not running but this i guess happens when the writing on urlconnection has been done and then the application waits endlessly to read on the stream. please advice thankx and regards    More>>

Hello!
i am using URLConnection in a applet servlet communication it was running fine on local network but on web the browser gets hanged sometimes mainly when the network
becomes very slow..so i have to terminate the application (browser)to get rid of it.Is there any good way to chech that communication is not possible so break the
connection and let user see some message.If server is not running then a exception is generated and i am able to let thge user know that server is not running but this i guess happens when the writing on urlconnection
has been done and then the application waits endlessly to read on the stream.

please advice

thankx and regards

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact