SwiftMQ router and remote JMS client appliations
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Craig_Patterson
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 2, 2002 03:08 PM

I would like to use SwiftMQ with a JMS client application that will run and reside on a remote machine. The remote JMS client app is not a servlet, ejb, or jsp page, just a command line Java app. The remote JMS client will be recieving and sending JMS messages to a queue on the SwiftMQ router server.

1 - Is this possible?
2 - What is required to do this? (on the remote side)
3 - Does the remote side have to be running a SwiftMQ router?

Re: SwiftMQ router and remote JMS client appliations

Posted By:   Gregor_Kovac  
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 2, 2002 09:54 PM

Hi!

What you ask for is possible. You can have only a client on your machine that connects to remote server(read SwiftMQ router).

How to do this:

- when you connect to a server you specify the Provider URL where you put the address(IP or hostname) or your remote server. More on how to program this is in the docs and samples.

On the remote side you only have to have a JMS listener configured and a queue/topic connection factory in JNDI(part of server).

On number 3: The whole beauty of using JMS is that you can change underlaying servers(that support JMS) and not make any changes to your code(if you use property files to specify the url to connect to, which class to use for context factory, ...). I have an application that was written using SwiftMQ, but then I needed to use MQSeries(WebSphere MQ now) too, so all I had to do was some configuration changes and things worked like a charm. :))

I hope this helps you with your problem.

Best regards,

Kovi
About | Sitemap | Contact