dcsimg
JBuilder 6.0 code helper not listing all methods
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Tracey_Gates
Posted On:   Thursday, March 28, 2002 02:31 PM

I have written an exception class that extends java.lang.Exception. I get errors on the following lines of code super(message); I get the following error on the code above: "SignatureCardException.java": Error #: 300 : constructor Exception(java.lang.String) not found in class java.lang.Exception at line 22, column 2 and on... super(message + ' ' + exception.getMessage()); I get the following error everywhere I have the getMessage() method: "SignatureCardException.java": Error #: 300 : method getMessage() not found in class java.lang.Exception at line 36, column 38 When I bring up the cod   More>>

I have written an exception class that extends java.lang.Exception. I get errors on the following lines of code

super(message);

I get the following error on the code above:

"SignatureCardException.java": Error #: 300 : constructor Exception(java.lang.String) not found in class java.lang.Exception at line 22, column 2

and on...

super(message + '
' + exception.getMessage());

I get the following error everywhere I have the getMessage() method:

"SignatureCardException.java": Error #: 300 : method getMessage() not found in class java.lang.Exception at line 36, column 38

When I bring up the code helper for the Exception class I only have equals(Object) listed. Please help. I didn't have this problem with JBuilder 5. It's just been happening in JBuilder 6.

Thanks in advance.

Tracey

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact