dcsimg
Reload of error page
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Steffen_Foldager
Posted On:   Monday, March 25, 2002 06:18 AM

I have the following error-page declaration in my web.xml: java.lang.NumberFormatException /numberFormatException.jsp This leads my to my special error page when I get NumberFormatExceptions, just as expected. But if I reload the page in the browser, the standard Tomcat error page appears - a blue box with "Apache Tomcat/4.0.1 - HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error". Is this behavior purposely implemented and if so, what is the prupose? Are there technical reasons for this behavior? Can it be avoided so that the nice error page also appears at reloads?    More>>

I have the following error-page declaration in my web.xml:

java.lang.NumberFormatException
/numberFormatException.jsp

This leads my to my special error page when I get NumberFormatExceptions, just as expected.

But if I reload the page in the browser, the standard Tomcat error page appears - a blue box with "Apache Tomcat/4.0.1 - HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error".

Is this behavior purposely implemented and if so, what is the prupose?

Are there technical reasons for this behavior?

Can it be avoided so that the nice error page also appears at reloads?

<<Less

Re: Reload of error page

Posted By:   Steffen_Foldager  
Posted On:   Monday, March 25, 2002 06:32 AM

Hey, Foldager, I think maybe you should double-check your statements before posting them!!

Doh!

Sorry guys and gals, my mistake. The above phenomenon only exists in my twisted mind :-))))
About | Sitemap | Contact