dcsimg
Memory leaks in a tcp/ip client application
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Lior_Cohen
Posted On:   Sunday, March 24, 2002 01:07 AM

I wrote a tcp/ip client application and it suffers from a big memory leaks. Using OptimizeIt tool I found out that most of the memory usage is in the following classes: int[] - 8940 objects char[] - 4568 objects java.lang.String - 4445 objects object[] - 6381 objects short[] - 1943 objects java.util.Hashtable$Entry 2074 - objects java.lang.Class - 1246 objects byte[] - 1289 objects When I entered each one of the objects in the above list I noticed that about 60% of the memory in each object is in java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(). I don't know what it means. How can I avoid it ? Another question that may be related to the above problem is - Do I n   More>>

I wrote a tcp/ip client application and it suffers from a big memory leaks.
Using OptimizeIt tool I found out that most of the memory usage is in the following classes:

int[] - 8940 objects
char[] - 4568 objects
java.lang.String - 4445 objects
object[] - 6381 objects
short[] - 1943 objects
java.util.Hashtable$Entry 2074 - objects
java.lang.Class - 1246 objects
byte[] - 1289 objects

When I entered each one of the objects in the above list I noticed that about 60% of the memory in each object is in java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run().

I don't know what it means.
How can I avoid it ?
Another question that may be related to the above problem is - Do I need to do something with the events or actions (any clean up) when for example a button listener gets an event and calls the action procedure.

All my application future is depends whether this memory problem will be fixed so anyones help will be welcomed.

Thanks,
Lior Cohen.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact