jsp, javabean, or servlet?
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   big_wheeler
Posted On:   Friday, March 22, 2002 09:32 AM

I've found that alot of the time, the systems I'm trying to design can use all of these to accomplish the same task. What's a good indicator of whether or not I should be using one technology over another?
For example, most recently, I designed an html form that is used to create registration html forms for clients. I can send the data in my form to another jsp page, a servlet, or a bean. ALL THREE can accept the date and use BufferedWriter to create and write to the registration form. Why would I want to use one over the other?
Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I am seriously lacking in proper system design knowledge.

Re: jsp, javabean, or servlet?

Posted By:   bayu_odus  
Posted On:   Monday, April 22, 2002 02:11 AM

There are many issues why you might want to use one over the other.

e.g

Beans are more sucure than jsp.If you have a secure content such as connecting to database etc you are better using beans.

If jsp is easier to deploy because you don't have to build the code for it to be compiled evry time you change the code. It is compiled when you save the page and reacces it.

Servelets on the other hand are similar to jsp but it vcan be very hard to maintain the design of the site you have created. However you can use it as a middletear but you can do without it.

I hope this helps

Re: jsp, javabean, or servlet?

Posted By:   AlessandroA_Garbagnati  
Posted On:   Saturday, March 23, 2002 04:30 PM

Hi,

Posting a question three times, does not help you in getting an answer. So, please, do not post the same question more than once: http://www.jguru.com/forums/view.jsp?EID=808531.

Thanks.
About | Sitemap | Contact