dcsimg
Multilanguage program
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   guaca_mole
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 19, 2002 05:07 AM

I've a program made in Java I wish to make multilanguage compatible

I'de like to display French text with other languages (arabic, Hebrew...) simultaneously.

I would like to know exactly how to do this (it needs unicode but i don't know how to implement it...)

Thanks in advance...

It's really important

Regards

Guaca...

Re: Multilanguage program

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 19, 2002 06:19 AM

Hi Guaca,

It is not clear from your query as what type of application you are developing

1) You would have a property file named resourcebundle wherein you would place all the String values. Suppose you are displaying in your application
" Enter your loginID" You have to specify in the resourcebundle.property file as name=value pair
loginIDprompt=Enter your loginID

2) In your application where you are actually want to display this particular text instead of actually specifying the string "Enter your loginID" you have to use what name you have specified in the resource bundle i.e. loginIDprompt. To achieve this you have to use the java.util API.

3) To display in different languages you need to have different font files in your system. And not only that you need to have different resourcebundle.property files for different locales. And the name would remain same but the value will be in any other language you might want to display in. For this you have to hire a translator if you doesnt know the other language.

This solution is not only for web based application but it will work for other client based applications also.

For more information go through Internationalization book published by O'reilly.
About | Sitemap | Contact