dcsimg
SSL client & server authentication?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jason_Dillon
Posted On:   Monday, March 18, 2002 06:46 PM

Is it possible to setup the SSL bits on the client and server side to perform certificate authentication? I expect that you probably do server checks by default (though I have not actually looked or tried yet), but what about client auth? I am looking to get back on SwiftMQ now that there is XA/ASF support, but I am unsure based on the docs and available FAQs if client auth is possible. We are currently using SSL certificates and a custom CA to verify a connecting clients authenticiy, which will be difficult (and undesirable) to change. Thanks, --jason    More>>

Is it possible to setup the SSL bits on the client and server side to perform certificate authentication?

I expect that you probably do server checks by default (though I have not actually looked or tried yet), but what about client auth?

I am looking to get back on SwiftMQ now that there is XA/ASF support, but I am unsure based on the docs and available FAQs if client auth is possible.

We are currently using SSL certificates and a custom CA to verify a connecting clients authenticiy, which will be difficult (and undesirable) to change.

Thanks,

--jason

<<Less

Re: SSL client & server authentication?

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
Posted On:   Monday, March 18, 2002 11:54 PM

Currently, SwiftMQ uses anonymous certs. The next release will support custom certs with client and server authentication. If you need it now, I can send you a patch containing the new JSSESocketFactory.
About | Sitemap | Contact