Is there something wrong in using abstract classes with static methods rather than creating instances?.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Sunday, March 17, 2002 04:12 PM

Hi people, I have a doubt. I have a project and I use Administrator classes to manage objects from a class and its subclasses, lets say public abstract class PeopleAdministrator manages all actions performed over class people , class men extends people , class women extends people for example. Is there anything wrong in using the abstract classes with static methods to operate with people objects rather than generating an instance of PeopleAdministrator to manage them?. I asked someone who knows more about OOP than me and she told me that she never uses abstract classes and static methods, she allways instantiates form a class and uses an instance for such things, but couldn't give me a sound reason    More>>

Hi people, I have a doubt.
I have a project and I use Administrator classes to manage objects from a class and its subclasses, lets say public abstract class PeopleAdministrator manages all actions performed over class people , class men extends people , class women extends people for example.

Is there anything wrong in using the abstract classes with static methods to operate with people objects rather than generating an instance of PeopleAdministrator to manage them?. I asked someone who knows more about OOP than me and she told me that she never uses abstract classes and static methods, she allways instantiates form a class and uses an instance for such things, but couldn't give me a sound reason for it. Am I missing something here?.
Hope you can iluminate me. Best regards,
Juan Pedro    <<Less

Re: Is there something wrong in using abstract classes with static methods rather than creating instances?.

Posted By:   Bozidar_Dangubic  
Posted On:   Monday, March 18, 2002 05:11 AM

don't post the same question twice...
About | Sitemap | Contact