RMI: Reliable Object tranfer
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sanjit_Singh
Posted On:   Saturday, March 16, 2002 01:37 PM

Hi, I plan to implement a design for a "reliable" object transfer system using Java RMI. Since reliable, thus I had thought of the following algorithm: 1. Client sends the object to the server 2. server sends the object back to the client to check if the client had indeed sent the same object 3. client sends a message of confirmation to the server I would like to implement the above using JAVA RMI. I would be grateful if somebody could help me out and give me some tips on how to do it. This is extremely important for me and any help would be highly appreciated. John    More>>

Hi,

I plan to implement a design for a "reliable" object transfer system using Java RMI.

Since reliable, thus I had thought of the following algorithm:

1. Client sends the object to the server

2. server sends the object back to the client to check if the client had indeed sent the same object

3. client sends a message of confirmation to the server

I would like to implement the above using JAVA RMI. I would be grateful if somebody could help me out and give me some tips on how to do it.
This is extremely important for me and any help would be highly appreciated.

John

<<Less

Re: RMI: Reliable Object tranfer

Posted By:   Edward_Harned  
Posted On:   Sunday, March 17, 2002 08:01 AM

For number 2, look into callbacks. There are plenty of examples in the Sun tutorial as well as FAQ here.
About | Sitemap | Contact