dcsimg
<p>To .close() or not to .close()</p>
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Derek_Illchuk
Posted On:   Saturday, March 16, 2002 12:31 AM

Hello, I am using the standard JDBC-ODBC that comes with Java to access a MS Access 2000 database, in an internet application. Now, when a user logs out, I made sure I closed their Connection. However, when I log in simeultaneously using Netscape and IE, then log out, say, Netscape, the connection.close() would sometimes throw a General SQL Error. (BTW, The JVM is running on the same computer that the browsers are on, for the moment). So I tried getting rid of the .close() completely, and I don't get any more errors; everything seems to work just peachy now. My question: Do I really need the .close()? Will updated and inserted data be safe if I dont .close()? I thought I read that Connections are garbage co   More>>

Hello,

I am using the standard JDBC-ODBC that comes with Java to access a MS Access 2000 database, in an internet application.

Now, when a user logs out, I made sure I closed their Connection. However, when I log in simeultaneously using Netscape and IE, then log out, say, Netscape, the connection.close() would sometimes throw a General SQL Error. (BTW, The JVM is running on the same computer that the browsers are on, for the moment).

So I tried getting rid of the .close() completely, and I don't get any more errors; everything seems to work just peachy now.

My question:

Do I really need the .close()? Will updated and inserted data be safe if I dont .close()? I thought I read that Connections are garbage collected and closed, anyways, right???

Appreciated,
Derek

<<Less

Re: <p>To .close() or not to .close()</p>

Posted By:   Bozidar_Dangubic  
Posted On:   Saturday, March 16, 2002 07:44 AM

always close. always.
About | Sitemap | Contact