eclipse - cannot run java program with resources
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   yap_n
Posted On:   Wednesday, March 13, 2002 04:45 PM

1. I downloaded the eclipse-SDK-20020214-win32.zip from www.eclipse.org, 2. unzip it to c:eclipse, 3. double-click to run the c:eclipseeclipse.exe, 4. changed the perspective to Java, 5. create a New Java Project called Test, 6. imported a Test.java, (SWT program with a .gif image button that run successfully in dos-prompt) img1.gif, swt.jar and swt-win32-2020.dll. 7. items under Test are (default package)->Test.java, JRE_LIB, img1.gif, swt.jar, swt-win32-2020.dll. 8. added the swt.jar into the Libraries by Test(packages tree)->properties->Java Build Path->Libraries->Add JARs 9. run the Test.java by Debug(menu)->Run With->Java Application    More>>

1. I downloaded the eclipse-SDK-20020214-win32.zip from www.eclipse.org,

2. unzip it to c:eclipse,

3. double-click to run the c:eclipseeclipse.exe,

4. changed the perspective to Java,

5. create a New Java Project called Test,

6. imported a Test.java, (SWT program with a .gif image button that run successfully in dos-prompt) img1.gif, swt.jar and swt-win32-2020.dll.

7. items under Test are (default package)->Test.java, JRE_LIB, img1.gif, swt.jar, swt-win32-2020.dll.

8. added the swt.jar into the Libraries by Test(packages tree)->properties->Java Build Path->Libraries->Add JARs

9. run the Test.java by Debug(menu)->Run With->Java Application

10. program terminated with java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-win32-2020 in java.library.path

11. I copied the swt-win32-2020.dll from c:eclipseworkspaceTest to c:eclipse and run again

12. program terminated with org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: i/o error (java.io.FileNotFoundException: img1.gif (The system cannot find the file specified))

I tried changing the configuration in Java Build Path without success for few weeks, read most of the eclipse documents.

The original configuration with the errors mentioned above are:

1. Source->(Use the project as source folder selected).

2. Projects->(Empty in the Required projects on the build path).

3. Libraries->(JRE_LIB and swt.jar in JARs and class folders on the build path).

4. Order and Export->(Test+ticked, JRE_LIB, swt.jar in Build class path order and exported entries)

* ~Test~ without ~ in all 4 Build output folder.

It seems like the configurations are correct, but why isn't my program running?

Is there any other configuration I missed out?

I thank you in advance if anyone can help me out.

<<Less

Re: eclipse - cannot run java program with resources

Posted By:   n_yap  
Posted On:   Thursday, May 16, 2002 05:38 PM

Already found the answer from www.eclipse.org newsgroup itself. It is just a feature not implemented on the older eclipse built where the working directory is not set to the project directory itself.
About | Sitemap | Contact