dcsimg
<strong>Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE</strong>
3 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Riyaz_Ahmed
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 12, 2002 05:14 AM

Hi there, I'm getting the below error while trying the example on View's of Struts. I'm working with tomcat 4.0 version. Pl'z give me some information for the below excetpion. ServletException: Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:459) at _0002fStrutTest_0002ejspStrutTest_jsp_0._jspService(_0002fStrutTest_0002ejspStrutTest_jsp_0.java:419) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119) --------------------------------- regards, Riyaz    More>>

Hi there,

I'm getting the below error while trying the example on View's of Struts.
I'm working with tomcat 4.0 version.
Pl'z give me some information for the below excetpion.

ServletException: Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:459)
at _0002fStrutTest_0002ejspStrutTest_jsp_0._jspService(_0002fStrutTest_0002ejspStrutTest_jsp_0.java:419)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)

---------------------------------

regards,
Riyaz

<<Less

Re: <strong>Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE</strong>

Posted By:   thomas_diesler  
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 22, 2002 01:34 PM

I had missing in my struts-config.xml

Re: <strong>Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE</strong>

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 10, 2002 04:38 AM

I had the same problem using Together 5.5 and Tomcat 3.2.
Together created the "server.xml" located under
%TOMCAT_HOME%conf where the following entry was missing:

Take a look at your “server.xml” weather it contains it?

"server.xml" is created by Together 5.5 automatically.
The creation is hard coded. I cracked the appropriate
class file so it creates the correct configuration file
and it works also with the debugger.

If someone is interested in it I could send it via email.

regards
Afshin

Posted By:   Steven_McArdle  
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 12, 2002 11:39 PM

Hi Riyaz,

Not sure if this is your problem but if you look in the WEB-INF/web.xml file of you application you will see an entry for a servlet called action that identifies the Struts ActionServlet servlet to the Server context. This servlet has a tag with the value config and following this is a tag. This tag identifies the message resources used by the Struts framework.

The file name may have a prepended path component and does not include the extention .properties identifying where struts expects the resource file to be(struts uses the standard Java internationalisation mechanism for messages i.e. .properties. The file name part may also contain an underscore followed by the ISO 2 character major language code such as _fr for france. It may also contain a further underscore followed by 2 charachter ISO language locale such as _ca for Canada, thus you could have a filename of MyResources_fr_ca.properies to contain messages specific to French Canadian. However, the language codes are NEVER present when identifying the resource file location). If no path is prepended then the file is expected to reside in the location WEB-INF/classes. If all is OK then I am sorry to have wasted your time.

Best of luck and welcome to Struts.

About | Sitemap | Contact