How to hide targets in build.xml?
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 12, 2002 12:47 AM

Hi everybody, I have a question regarding target visibility in build files. I'm using a build file containing several different targets for several different build variants of our project. However, I'm re-using some of the targets, so I have a lot of targets which are actually only "helper targets". Since I don't want those helper targets to be executed from the command line, I need to hide it somehow. It is also useful if I'm using IDEs supporting ANT builds, because I want to see only the "real" targets and not ALL the targets contained in the file. Any hints? Is there a way to extract those helper target   More>>

Hi everybody,

I have a question regarding target visibility in build files.

I'm using a build file containing several different targets for several different build variants of our project.

However, I'm re-using some of the targets, so I have a lot of targets which are actually only "helper targets".

Since I don't want those helper targets to be executed from the command line, I need to hide it somehow.

It is also useful if I'm using IDEs supporting ANT builds, because I want to see only the "real" targets and not ALL the targets contained in the file.

Any hints?

Is there a way to extract those helper targets to a different file and include it into my real build.xml?

Thanks in advance...

René

<<Less

Re: How to hide targets in build.xml?

Posted By:   Philipp_Meier  
Posted On:   Wednesday, March 13, 2002 06:24 AM

You can use the task. Look here: http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/index.html.

Re: How to hide targets in build.xml?

Posted By:   Erik_Hatcher  
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 12, 2002 03:30 AM

You can't hide a target's visibility (at least not consistently for all IDE's). You can use XML entity references to include build file fragments into a build.xml.
About | Sitemap | Contact