Losing my session when user closes browser js pop-up window.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   fredrik_holmen
Posted On:   Monday, March 11, 2002 04:22 AM

I want to allow a web user to choose a picture from a pop-up window (opened with javascript: window.open() ) When the user clicks an image I add it to the original window and current user session by calling a servlet (by setting the pop-up's opening window's location variable.) This all works fine. However, I also ask the pop-up window to close itself with js window.close() . This causes the webapp to lose its current session reference (next request created a new session) and all user information is of course "lost". My current workaround is to ask the pop-up window to set its opener window to focus ( opener.focus() ) this seems to work but can hardly be the proper way to do thin   More>>

I want to allow a web user to choose a picture from a pop-up window
(opened with javascript: window.open() )
When the user clicks an image I add it to the original window and current user session by calling a servlet (by setting the pop-up's opening window's location variable.) This all works fine.

However, I also ask the pop-up window to close itself with js window.close() . This causes the webapp to lose its current session reference (next request created a new session) and all user information is of course "lost".

My current workaround is to ask the pop-up window to set its opener window to focus ( opener.focus() ) this seems to work but can hardly be the proper way to do things.

Please help me out here. How do I maintain a user session across several opening and closing browser windows?

My set-up:

- Tomcat 4.0.1

- IE v5.5

- Windows 2000

Thanks,

Fred

<<Less

Re: Losing my session when user closes browser js pop-up window.

Posted By:   Laurent_Mihalkovic  
Posted On:   Monday, March 11, 2002 06:44 PM

have you tried url rewriting, making sure that u embedded the jsessionID in every requests?

cheers,

laurent

About | Sitemap | Contact