dcsimg
sqlserver2000 jdbc in jbuilder6.0
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   zhebin_cong
Posted On:   Monday, March 11, 2002 01:02 AM

hello i download sqlserver2000 jdbc,install it on my windows2000 server,i import it into my jbuilder6 through "tools/enterprise setup" step-by-step keeping up with the help document of jb6 and i name the library as "SQLServer2000",after that,i can find the "SQLServer2000.library" file under the "F:JBuilder6lib", and the "SQLServer.config" is under the "F:JBuilder6libext". then click "project->default project properties->required libraries tab",i can find the "SQLServer2000" there. the problem is: when i right click "DataSource->import schema from->database",the "database schema provider&qu   More>>

hello

i download sqlserver2000 jdbc,install it on my windows2000 server,i import it into my jbuilder6 through "tools/enterprise setup" step-by-step keeping up with the help document of jb6 and i name the library as "SQLServer2000",after that,i can find the "SQLServer2000.library" file under the "F:JBuilder6lib", and the "SQLServer.config" is under the "F:JBuilder6libext".

then click "project->default project properties->required libraries tab",i can find the "SQLServer2000" there.

the problem is:

when i right click "DataSource->import schema from->database",the "database schema provider" appear,but when i click the "Driver" drop-down list within the "database schema provider",i can't find the sqiserver jdbc there("com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver"),why?

otherwise how can i use the sqlserver jdbc driver in thfe jbuilder6?

thanks for any helps!

<<Less

Re: sqlserver2000 jdbc in jbuilder6.0

Posted By:   Laurent_Mihalkovic  
Posted On:   Monday, March 11, 2002 05:50 PM

I did the same thing u did (import the driver into the environment). To check that things were ok, I used the Database Pilot application to look at my server. "File>New..." Then selected the ms driver from the 'Drivers' list. And used the following connection string "jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://MYSERVER:1433". I checked the "use extended properties" box, and stored all the connection details to avoid having to remember them : "user=laurent,password=YOUWISH,serverName=MYSERVER,databaseName=SSF". And voila. My full schema is revealed.

Then i have no pb with "import schema". the "Database schema provider" dialog contains the com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver line, and the default URL it offers is the one I entered in the "Database Pilot" connection box.

my driver is called SQL2k, and the following is the content of the SQL2k.config file

addpath C:/Windev/Java/SQLServer2kJDBC/lib/mssqlserver.jar
addpath C:/Windev/Java/SQLServer2kJDBC/lib/msbase.jar
addpath C:/Windev/Java/SQLServer2kJDBC/lib/msutil.jar

cheers,

Laurent

About | Sitemap | Contact