Font.createFont hangs JVM, no exception thrown
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Emil_Breding
Posted On:   Sunday, March 10, 2002 11:15 AM

Hi all! I'm using the static method createFont in java.awt.Font to load a True Type font from disk. The reason is to get the font name so it's being run in a non GUI environment. Quite often this method in Font just fails, or rather hangs the JVM. The computer CPU goes up to a 100% and it never seems to terminate. I know the font file can be read because I can open it in other applications. I'm using Java Standard Edition (build 1.4.0-b92). At work I use 1.3 SDK and there it seems to work. In both cases it's run on WinXP. Any ideas as to what might cause this kind of behaivour? Thanks /Emil    More>>

Hi all!

I'm using the static method createFont in java.awt.Font to load a True Type font from disk. The reason is to get the font name so it's being run in a non GUI environment.

Quite often this method in Font just fails, or rather hangs the JVM. The computer CPU goes up to a 100% and it never seems to terminate. I know the font file can be read because I can open it in other applications.

I'm using Java Standard Edition (build 1.4.0-b92). At work I use 1.3 SDK and there it seems to work. In both cases it's run on WinXP.

Any ideas as to what might cause this kind of behaivour?

Thanks

/Emil

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact