How can we connect to a mail Server with JavaMail using the SOCKS proxy Version 5 ?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Irinova_Valeria
Posted On:   Saturday, March 9, 2002 07:19 AM

Hello All, Is there any way to connect to a mail box through JavaMail API, using SOCKS proxy V 5. I was able to connect and retreive inbox using SOCKS V4 by setting the necessary property file. but the problem with Socks v.4 is that we need to give the IP of the mail box instead of the name of the mailserver, i.e we need to specify something like "66.54.152.7" for the Server "mail.softhome.net". Or is there any other way to retrieve mail through proxy server with just knowing the mail Server name? Hope there is an answer.. Thanx in advance. Valeria    More>>

Hello All,

Is there any way to connect to a mail box through JavaMail API, using SOCKS proxy V 5. I was able to connect and retreive inbox using SOCKS V4 by setting the necessary property file. but the problem with Socks v.4 is that we need to give the IP of the mail box instead of the name of the mailserver, i.e we need to specify something like "66.54.152.7" for the Server "mail.softhome.net".

Or is there any other way to retrieve mail through proxy server with just knowing the mail Server name?

Hope there is an answer..

Thanx in advance.

Valeria

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact