dcsimg
Entity Bean and directory users using BMP
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jerome_Benezech
Posted On:   Friday, March 8, 2002 08:23 AM

Hey, We are using LDAP to store basic user account information. I believe this user account should be represented as an Entity Bean because of the persistence of the data (and to take advantage of the container caching, transaction, failover...). Using BMP, to be able to query anything in LDAP, you first need to bind te connection to a particular user, which is not necessarly the user your are searching for (in our case it is the user currently logged into our application). So I have an Entity Bean which need some session information (current user) to achieve its persistence. I am very new to EJBs, but this doesn't seem to be possible. I saw 2 FA   More>>

Hey,

We are using LDAP to store basic user account information.

I believe this user account should be represented as an Entity Bean because
of the persistence of the data (and to take advantage of the container caching, transaction, failover...).

Using BMP, to be able to query anything in LDAP, you first need to bind te connection to a particular user, which is not necessarly the user your are searching for (in our case it is the user currently logged into our application).

So I have an Entity Bean which need some session information (current user) to achieve its persistence.

I am very new to EJBs, but this doesn't seem to be possible.
I saw 2 FAQs with similar problems (somebody who wanted to log who updated what in the database tables with row-level security), but no real solution to the problem except the use of stateless session beans (which means that we cannot take advantage of any of feature of the Container).

Does anybody has an idea/pattern on how I could manage that ?
Can an Entity Bean get information from the session bean that called it ?

Thanks

Jerome

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact