Long QueueConnection close times
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Allen_Wyatt
Posted On:   Thursday, March 7, 2002 08:26 AM

I am running some point-to-point performance tests using the latest SwiftMQ and notice that when the test is over and the code calls the QueueConnection.close() method it takes a very long time for this method to return. I have not seen this same behavior with other JMS vendors. Any idea why this is happening?

Re: Long QueueConnection close times

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
Posted On:   Thursday, March 7, 2002 08:53 AM

We had those kind of problems with older JDK versions in the past but resolved it. It was a JDK bug. The close() is asynchronously while a read on the socket stream is performed. Normally, the read should terminate when closing the socket and should throw an IOException. But the read (and the close as well) blocks until something is send on the socket which causes the read to throw the exception which then leads to the orderly termination of the connection (close returns). The send is performed on each keep-alive interval (1m by default) which might explain why the close takes that time.

I would suggest to use the Sun JDK and, for better performance, use the java -server option.

When you are evaluating SwiftMQ 3.x, you can contact presales@swiftmq.com for presales support at no cost. Better than to use this free forum and to wait for answers.
About | Sitemap | Contact