dcsimg
Make sure a message is delete and removed from folder
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Rizwan_Sattar
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 5, 2002 12:31 PM

Hey all, I know that deleting messages has been covered in the FAQ, but here is the problem I have: is there any way to programmatically make sure that a message is deleted from the folder? I am connecting with IMAP and to MDaemon server, and I have also tried with a public server (my school webmail account). The problem I have is, that, after deleting the message, i close the folder with the expunge boolean true, and then reopen it. But this doesn't delete the message. When i retrieve the message profiles, I am able to copy headers (something which in my program I have to do for all messages), meaning the message is there but just with the deleted flag to true. Now, when I call expunge() and then close and open t   More>>

Hey all,

I know that deleting messages has been covered in the FAQ, but here is the problem I have: is there any way to programmatically make sure that a message is deleted from the folder? I am connecting with IMAP and to MDaemon server, and I have also tried with a public server (my school webmail account).

The problem I have is, that, after deleting the message, i close the folder with the expunge boolean true, and then reopen it. But this doesn't delete the message. When i retrieve the message profiles, I am able to copy headers (something which in my program I have to do for all messages), meaning the message is there but just with the deleted flag to true.

Now, when I call expunge() and then close and open the folder, and retrieve message profiles, my program gets stuck copying headers, give me a MessageRemovedException.

I guess my question is, is there really a way to delete the message from the folder short of actually disconnecting and reconnecting to the account? If so, i'd like to know!

Thanks,

Riz

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact