dcsimg
Java Font Rendering not the same as platform.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Greg_Hess
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 5, 2002 10:19 AM

Hi, I am writing a client/server web application where my client enters text in an HTML text area, the text is formated with a given font and displayed in that font as the user enters the text. The client then submits the text. On the server I take the given text and create a gif Image applying the same font and attributes to the text. The resulting gif's point size is off by about 2pt's. I have tried using the localGraphicsConfiguration to create the gif, but with the same result. I am using the latest jdk1.4 and I know the jdk is providing its own algorithms for rendering fonts for cross platform consistancy. So I am wondering if there is any solution for this problem? Thanks, Greg    More>>

Hi,

I am writing a client/server web application where my client enters text in an HTML text area, the text is formated with a given font and displayed in that font as the user enters the text. The client then submits the text. On the server I take the given text and create a gif Image applying the same font and attributes to the text. The resulting gif's point size is off by about 2pt's. I have tried using the localGraphicsConfiguration to create the gif, but with the same result. I am using the latest jdk1.4 and I know the jdk is providing its own algorithms for rendering fonts for cross platform consistancy. So I am wondering if there is any solution for this problem?

Thanks,
Greg

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact