Accessing Active Directory Server with LDAP
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Scott_Stouffer
Posted On:   Monday, March 4, 2002 01:24 PM

Would someone out there who has done this before be willing to give a beginer some pointers? I have read through the JNDI tutorial from Sun, and everything else I could find here in the forums and the web. I have been successful in connecting to the Windows2000 domain controller. I can even use the GSS-API Kerberos login example that comes with the tutorial. My problem is that when I connect to the base DN of the active directory there are no entries in the list. There are some config type properties attached to the base DN, but nothing under that, no tree or subobjects, or OU groups. I am sure that there must be something simple that I am doing wrong. How do I access all of the content that I can see in the directory using   More>>

Would someone out there who has done this before be willing to give a beginer some pointers?

I have read through the JNDI tutorial from Sun, and everything else I could find here in the forums and the web. I have been successful in connecting to the Windows2000 domain controller. I can even use the GSS-API Kerberos login example that comes with the tutorial. My problem is that when I connect to the base DN of the active directory there are no entries in the list. There are some config type properties attached to the base DN, but nothing under that, no tree or subobjects, or OU groups.

I am sure that there must be something simple that I am doing wrong. How do I access all of the content that I can see in the directory using the windows supplied AD mmc tool?

Thanks for any help.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact