SDK for JavaCard?
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Majeed_Arni
Posted On:   Monday, March 4, 2002 07:50 AM

I am trying to use some commercially available JavaCards to develop Card Applications and Terminal Applications. I bought Schlumberger Cyberflex 4c, the Toolkit it extermely buggy (crashed left and right). Are there any good devlopement kit for real cards? I saw Metrowerks CodeWarrior for JavaCard pretty good simulator. Thanks.

Re: SDK for JavaCard?

Posted By:   Julien_SIMON  
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 5, 2002 12:03 AM

Hi guys,

Just a quick note about Metrowerks. We were part of the beta-testing program and I must say that I was unimpressed with the product : way too many bugs (including in the Java compiler...), poor GUI and most of all, no support for crypto & OP APIs. The last point alone makes it useless for real-life development.

Cheers,

Julien

Re: SDK for JavaCard?

Posted By:   Joseph_Smith  
Posted On:   Monday, March 4, 2002 07:26 PM

Majeed,
I saw your posts on their support site ! You should have read the other posts before you bought the kit and you wouldn't have found yourself in a nightmare like us !

I have to admit, that SLB isn't the only one that has a buggy kit. Gemplu$ kit is impossible to install properly. If you spend a week you can finally get it up and running. But it still lacks.

Metrowerks is a rip off. Over $1,200 for just a simulator and no loader. Give me a break !
About | Sitemap | Contact