dcsimg
Servlet Filter
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Guru_Prasad
Posted On:   Friday, March 1, 2002 09:38 AM

I had asked this question to servlet group, but havent got any answer. Can some one in this group help me. Are servlet filters invoked on seperate thread similar to servlet requests? I have a particular scenario, wanted to know what are implications, i. I have a authn filter which looks at incoming request and decide authn form to be displayed.According filter forwards request to form page. ii. form validates user input and then redirects end user to original page. In the sequence of above events, first request is dropped at the filter, ie it doesnt go up filter chain. Instead when form redirects user to page he was trying to access, filter will not try to authenticate again, but will forward req   More>>

I had asked this question to servlet group, but havent got any answer.
Can some one in this group help me.

Are servlet filters invoked on seperate thread similar to servlet requests?

I have a particular scenario, wanted to know what are implications,

i. I have a authn filter which looks at incoming request and decide authn form to be displayed.According filter forwards request to form page.
ii. form validates user input and then redirects end user to original page.
In the sequence of above events, first request is dropped at the filter, ie it doesnt go up filter chain. Instead when form redirects user to page he was trying to access, filter will not try to authenticate again, but will forward request through filter chain. So dropping request at first time in filter, does this have any implications?

I can think of one, ie there is an extra round trip as far as end-user is concerned.

- Thanks,
Guruprasad    <<Less

Re: Servlet Filter

Posted By:   AlessandroA_Garbagnati  
Posted On:   Saturday, March 2, 2002 06:17 AM

Hi,

I did not understand your scenario, but as far as I know I think that the filter uses the same thread used by the servlet request.
About | Sitemap | Contact