Messaging with SQL Server 2000 (non-jms)
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   rock_roll
Posted On:   Friday, March 1, 2002 08:20 AM

Please forgive my ignorance in this area in advance. My question is: I am not currently using J2EE, however, do have plans in the near future to do so. Currently, I have a persistence framework which talks to my SQL Server 2000 database. One item I have not addressed is how to deal with my data caches when the backend database is replicated unknowingly to my persistence layer. I am currently making use of a good reader writer lock mechanism in my persistence, so my initial thought was to create a trigger that calls some stored procedure and sends a message to my application layer that it should update the data cache. Is this the correct idea? If so, can anyone point me in the right direction?    More>>

Please forgive my ignorance in this area in advance. My question is:

I am not currently using J2EE, however, do have plans in the near future to do so. Currently, I have a persistence framework which talks to my SQL Server 2000 database. One item I have not addressed is how to deal with my data caches when the backend database is replicated unknowingly to my persistence layer.

I am currently making use of a good reader writer lock mechanism in my persistence, so my initial thought was to create a trigger that calls some stored procedure and sends a message to my application layer that it should update the data cache.

Is this the correct idea? If so, can anyone point me in the right direction? Am I in the correct forum?

Thanks,
Rock

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact