Basic I18N Questions
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   innum_onenu
Posted On:   Friday, March 1, 2002 04:13 AM

As part of i18n & l10n we need the following functions, Broswer: IE 6.0 App Server: Weblogic 6.1 User can input unicode characters like Japanese or Korean in a HMTL Input box (copies from a external application or has the language specific keyboard) and POSTS the request to a JSP file. Now, 1. What should be done in the JSP file like setting the content type in the page directive, a.to display it back to browser b.to pass to a Stored procedure to store in SQLServer 2000 c.any jdbc driver restrictions to carry out point 2 2.Assume values in different languages (Unicode) are stored in SQLServer 2000, and stored procedures w   More>>

As part of i18n & l10n we need the following functions,

Broswer: IE 6.0

App Server: Weblogic 6.1

User can input unicode characters like Japanese or Korean in a HMTL Input box (copies from a external application or has the language specific keyboard) and POSTS the request to a JSP file. Now,

1. What should be done in the JSP file like setting the content type in the page directive,

a.to display it back to browser

b.to pass to a Stored procedure to store in SQLServer 2000

c.any jdbc driver restrictions to carry out point 2

2.Assume values in different languages (Unicode) are stored in SQLServer 2000,
and stored procedures would return these values, now from the resultset fetched thro' stored procedure,

a. which method should be used to retrieve unicode values, like rs.getString() or rs.get???

b.Then which java object should be used to store these values (Can a Java STRING object be used for this?) to pass to the JSP page.

3. I tried setting the page directive like,

<%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1"%>

In IE, a file download box appeared (what's the problem?), while in Netscape it was ok.

When I tried setting Unicode,

<%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=unicode"%>

the following error occured both in IE and Netscape

weblogic.utils.ParsingException: nested TokenStreamException: antlr.TokenStreamI
OException: Missing byte-order mark

4. Apart from East-asian the normal English,french, german languages are need to be supported, so what the GENERIC setting should be done to handle all the languages?

What should be done to achieve these properly? Kindly help!

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact