dcsimg
Redeploying applications in Tomcat 4.0.2
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Tonio_Caputo
Posted On:   Wednesday, February 27, 2002 11:51 AM

I installed Tomcat 4.0.2, hoping I could re-deploy my appl. without restarting it (as de documentation of "manager" asumes). It didn't work (Buhhh). The command "install" works fine, but "remove" doesn't . The only way to re-deploy was to stop TomCat remove de webapps/myAppl, restart Tomcat and install again. The documentation states that remove must stop the application and delete the directory (webapps/myAppl), the second is not done. 1.If I re-install de application it says instalation OK , but it leaves the old appl. without change. 2.If I    More>>

I installed Tomcat 4.0.2, hoping I could
re-deploy my appl. without restarting it
(as de documentation of "manager" asumes).

It didn't work (Buhhh).

The command "install" works fine, but
"remove" doesn't . The only way to re-deploy
was to stop TomCat remove
de webapps/myAppl, restart Tomcat and
install again.

The documentation states that remove
must stop the application and delete
the directory (webapps/myAppl), the second
is not done.

1.If I re-install de application it says
instalation OK , but it leaves the old appl.
without change.

2.If I delete the directory by hand
and re-install it says instalation OK ,
but don't deploys the war-file.

Anyone with same problems can help me ?

t

<<Less

Re: Redeploying applications in Tomcat 4.0.2

Posted By:   Luigi_Viggiano  
Posted On:   Wednesday, February 27, 2002 12:00 PM

It's obviously not a solution, but I can suggest you to donwload JBoss (currently there is a version integrated with Tomcat 4.01). In this case, to deploy and undeploy a war, you just need to drop it in the $JBOSS_HOME/deploy dir; to undeploy, just remove it. It will work run-time (but you'll lost session of current working users).

I believe that Tomcat 4 has the "hot deploy" feature, but I'm not sure. If you cannot find it, you can always go and download JBoss+Tomcat. It's an opensource and free EJB Server that's much more better than commercial ones, expecially from the developer point of view.

About | Sitemap | Contact