dcsimg
RMI client -server communication through proxy server at server end i.e Server is inside firewall.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Abhimanyu_Naware
Posted On:   Wednesday, February 27, 2002 03:11 AM

In my application, client and server both exports their remote objects . RMI client export the remote object and act as server whenever required. RMI server need to connect to the clients exported remote object and communicate it i.e. callback. This works fine in intranet but the same application when deployed on Internet it gives problem. Here RMI server is behind the firewall and proxy server. RMI client using the dialup connection is able to look-up the RMI server remote object and it works fine but RMI server callback is giving problem. It could not resolve the client machine IP address for the lookup. How to solve this problem?. Is there any application proxy server that can make transparent the clients IP address to the server?   More>>

In my application, client and server both exports their remote objects . RMI client export the remote object and act as server whenever required.
RMI server need to connect to the clients exported remote object and communicate it i.e. callback. This works fine in intranet but the same application when
deployed on Internet it gives problem. Here RMI server is behind the firewall and proxy server. RMI client using the dialup connection is able to look-up the RMI server remote object
and it works fine but RMI server callback is giving problem. It could not resolve the client machine IP address for the lookup. How to solve this problem?. Is there any application proxy server that can
make transparent the clients IP address to the server?. or any other way?

Thanks in advance.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact