Problem in JAVAMail
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anbuselvan_periyannan
Posted On:   Monday, February 25, 2002 03:18 AM

Hi, I am new to Java Mail. I have tried out a simple mail application using my yahoo mail account. The application works sometimes well. But sometimes, an exception, smtpprotocolexception:yahoo.com closing transmission channel.you must be pop-authenticated before you can use this smtp server, and you must use your yahoo mail address for the Sender/From field. arised. I have checked out the sender address and i also enabled the pop access & Forwarding for my yahoo account. And i used the smtp.mail.yahoo.com for sending mails and pop.mail.yahoo.com for checking mails in my account. What is the problem really? Help me!Urgent! Thanks. Anbuselvan.P    More>>

Hi,
I am new to Java Mail. I have tried out a simple mail application using my yahoo mail account. The application works sometimes well. But sometimes, an exception,

smtpprotocolexception:yahoo.com closing transmission channel.you must be pop-authenticated before you can use this smtp server, and you must use your yahoo mail address for the Sender/From field.

arised.

I have checked out the sender address and i also enabled the pop access & Forwarding for my yahoo account. And i used the smtp.mail.yahoo.com for sending mails and pop.mail.yahoo.com for
checking mails in my account.

What is the problem really?

Help me!Urgent!

Thanks.
Anbuselvan.P

<<Less

Re: Problem in JAVAMail

Posted By:   John_Zukowski  
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 26, 2002 11:28 AM

Dealing with Yahoo, including pop authentication is already covered in the FAQ.

Re: Problem in JAVAMail

Posted By:   julien_cool  
Posted On:   Monday, February 25, 2002 05:08 AM

If i understand well the output of the yahoo mail server. It required you authenticate using pop protocol if you want to send mail !! Are the mails you can't send due to somebody with an email address outside the yahoo.com domain?? If yes you have to authenticate yourself to be allowed by the server to do mail relaying.
See mail relaying in the faq or this forum !!!

hope it 'll help
About | Sitemap | Contact