Basic Questions regarding XML and Java
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   innum_onenu
Posted On:   Saturday, February 23, 2002 05:02 AM

Hello, Following are some of my understanding and elementary questions regarding the XML(Java) Pardigm, Please validate the same and provide answers wherever possible with suitable explanation and links, 1. XML is specification by W3C, what the latest version of it? 2. There are many more specifications related to XML, like XSLT,XFO,DTD,XMLSchema etc.. Can anyone list or give a link to ALL the related specifications and their latest versions, like, XSLT - Xtended StyleSheet Language Transformation Version X.X XFO - Formatting Objects Version X.X DTD - Document Type Definition Schema - etc.. 3. Wha   More>>

Hello,

Following are some of my understanding and elementary questions regarding the XML(Java) Pardigm,

Please validate the same and provide answers wherever possible with suitable explanation and links,

1. XML is specification by W3C, what the latest version of it?

2. There are many more specifications related to XML, like XSLT,XFO,DTD,XMLSchema etc..
Can anyone list or give a link to ALL the related specifications and their latest versions, like,

XSLT - Xtended StyleSheet Language
Transformation Version X.X
XFO - Formatting Objects Version X.X

DTD - Document Type Definition

Schema -

etc..

3. What is latest version of DOM and SAX?

4. Does DOM and SAX are the only ways to manipulate XML Data specified by W3C?

5. DOM and SAX are just API's, but if one has to use these API's in a particular language, there should be implementation(parser) of these API's. For eg.,

In Java, I need something like Apache's XERCES to work? Is this right?

6. Which is the preffered industry standard XML-Java parser with its version?

7. What all other languages have an implementation for them to work with XML data?

8. I find many Java specific API's related to XML,
like JAXP, JAXM, JAXB and JAX-RPC.

a.Are these API's approved by W3C?

b.Are these an enhancement to handle XML data apart from SAX and DOM which is available only to the Java lanuage?
c. Any implementation available for these API's?

9. What is JDOM? Is it a alternative to DOM? Is it approved? and what is its advantages?

10. Which is the preffered industry standard XML-XSLT-Java processor with its version?

Thanks and waiting for a detailed reply!

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact