IntelliJ IDEA White Paper?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Marc_Nelson
Posted On:   Friday, February 22, 2002 10:32 AM

I've got several technical questions about IDEA that I haven't been able to find answers to in the online documentation or IntelliJ's web site. Is there a consolidated, definitive source for these types of questions? Here are some examples:

What does the "Synchronizing" utility do (invoked upon IDEA application focus in Windows)? What does the Garbage Collection utility do, and when does it make sense to invoke it manually? I use Ant, but invoke it from a Windows .bat file - can IDEA be configured (via macros, etc.) to invoke such files?

Thanks.

Re: IntelliJ IDEA White Paper?

Posted By:   max_b  
Posted On:   Friday, February 22, 2002 12:18 PM

I think the synchronizing button is basicly a refresh so that your file system and what idea shows are the same. The garbage collection allows you to clean up objects that Idea created but is no longer using, instead of waiting for the jvm to do it ( this way the jvm isn't trying to garbage collect while you are trying to do something ). And yes, you can have idea run your ant tasks, just click on the ant tab and bring in your build file then select the target you want to run. There is more on the ant integration in Idea's help.

Also, you can subscribe to the intellij mailing lists for more info.

Idea is an awesome ide, it is so much fun to use.

Later,
Max
About | Sitemap | Contact