Source View
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Rinson_Antony
Posted On:   Thursday, February 21, 2002 05:57 AM

I am coding my classes in the normal class view . But if i open the same class in the Source View(by right clicking and selecting open source view), I find the formatting of the code especially the part of the code above the class declaration (import statements and comments) to be very different. Infact sometimes the change made in the class view (import statements and comments above class decl) is also not reflected in the source view. So at present I am forced to edit or format the code after opening it in source view. But evry time I save the code, a new open edition with a new branch is created. With this i loose track of my version tree. I dont understand y this is happening. Can anybody suggest something. Rins   More>>

I am coding my classes in the normal class view . But if i open the same class in the Source View(by right clicking and selecting open source view), I find the formatting of the code especially the part of the code above the class declaration (import statements and comments) to be very different. Infact sometimes the change made in the class view (import statements and comments above class decl) is also not reflected in the source view. So at present I am forced to edit or format the code after opening it in source view. But evry time I save the code, a new open edition with a new branch is created. With this i loose track of my version tree.

I dont understand y this is happening.
Can anybody suggest something.

Rinson

<<Less

Re: Source View

Posted By:   Eric_Rizzo  
Posted On:   Friday, February 22, 2002 07:30 AM

My first advice is to avoid Source View altogether - force yourself to stick with the normal code browsers in VAJ and after a week or so you'll probably be more productive with them than a traditional view of the entire class at once.

That said, here are two FAQ entries that should explain the problems you're seeing:
About | Sitemap | Contact