Applet Focus issue with Browser
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Daniel_D
Posted On:   Wednesday, February 20, 2002 07:45 PM

Okay Gurus, Here is my situation: I am creating a Signed/Trusted applet that will have multiple instances running on the same client. Each instance will have associated with it an additional browser window { via the showDocument(URL, myAppletInstanceName) }. PROBLEM: I need to be able to control the focus of each browser window and associate it with its corresponding applet. for example user invokes 3 applets on his client machine: applet1, applet2 & applet3. Each applet has a corresponding browser window: myBrowser1, myBrowser2 & myBrowser3. independent of which window is "on top" when the user clicks on applet2 I need to bring myBrowser2 to the top (of course keeping applet2 on top of myBrowser2). si   More>>

Okay Gurus, Here is my situation: I am creating a Signed/Trusted applet that will have multiple instances running on the same client. Each instance will have associated with it an additional browser window { via the showDocument(URL, myAppletInstanceName) }.

PROBLEM: I need to be able to control the focus of each browser window and associate it with its corresponding applet.

for example user invokes 3 applets on his client machine: applet1, applet2 & applet3. Each applet has a corresponding browser window: myBrowser1, myBrowser2 & myBrowser3. independent of which window is "on top" when the user clicks on applet2 I need to bring myBrowser2 to the top (of course keeping applet2 on top of myBrowser2). similarly when the user clicks on applet3 I would need to bring myBrowser3 to the top.

solution?

<<Less

Re: Applet Focus issue with Browser

Posted By:   Daniel_D  
Posted On:   Thursday, February 21, 2002 10:15 AM

update. What I did not mention is that this Applet has to depend on a third party jar file. Anyways, I was able to get the component (java.awt.Component) from the jar file that I have to deal with. I created a FocusListener and can now determine if the applet is losing focus.

Question: What is the best way of "bringing the associated browser" back on top without doing another showDocument(and hitting the other site again)???

About | Sitemap | Contact