dcsimg
so many IP addresses, just one tomcat
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Marcus_Ballance
Posted On:   Wednesday, February 20, 2002 07:20 AM

I am running IIS 5 on W2K with Tomcat 4.02 as my servlet engine. All the easy stuff like setting up the contexts and so forth is done. One of my most-used applications is GroupWise 6 Webaccess which is served in the root context of Tomcat. We currently only offer this service on our intranet but we are wanting to open this to the internet. However we do not want to allow access to the entire intranet site. I have bound a second IP address to the network card and set up a second web in IIS and copied the static groupwise files into it. Then I bound one IP address to the original site and the second IP address to the new groupwise only site. All of this being through IIS and no configuration changes to Tomcat. (I am hoping to restrict incoming traffic to a specific IP wi   More>>

I am running IIS 5 on W2K with Tomcat 4.02 as my servlet engine. All the easy stuff like setting up the contexts and so forth is done. One of my most-used applications is GroupWise 6 Webaccess which is served in the root context of Tomcat. We currently only offer this service on our intranet but we are wanting to open this to the internet. However we do not want to allow access to the entire intranet site. I have bound a second IP address to the network card and set up a second web in IIS and copied the static groupwise files into it. Then I bound one IP address to the original site and the second IP address to the new groupwise only site. All of this being through IIS and no configuration changes to Tomcat. (I am hoping to restrict incoming traffic to a specific IP with firewall, but thats not for this forum.) I set up the redirect in the groupwise only site and I can see the request coming into Tomcat however, nothing is being returned to the client on the second IP address unless i specify port 8080. Then none of the images for the second site appear. I release this is kind of intracate but any help will be appreciated.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact