VisualAge, EJB Test Client, Session EJB, java.rmi.MarshalException
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sean_Sullivan
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 19, 2002 06:24 PM

I am using Visual Age for Java, Enterprise Edition, version 3.5.3 I am trying to use the VisualAge EJB Test Client to connection to an instance of a stateless session EJB. The EJB is running in Websphere, on a remote machine. In the EJB Test Client dialog, I set the provider URL to a valid value: iiop://xyz.foobar.com:900 (example) The EJB Test Client reported this exception: Cannot get EJB meta data. Exception is: java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL 0 No; nested exception is: org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge : Mismatched serialization UIDs : Source (Rep. IDRMI:   More>>

I am using Visual Age for Java, Enterprise Edition, version 3.5.3

I am trying to use the VisualAge EJB Test Client to connection to an instance
of a stateless session EJB. The EJB is running in Websphere, on a remote machine.

In the EJB Test Client dialog, I set the provider URL to a valid value:

iiop://xyz.foobar.com:900 (example)

The EJB Test Client reported this exception:

Cannot get EJB meta data. Exception is: java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL 0 No; nested exception is:
org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge : Mismatched serialization UIDs : Source (Rep. IDRMI:com.ibm.ejs.container.EJBMetaDataImpl:802F1AE37A188CD8:38CBCB9DCD84F23C) = 38CBCB9DCD84F23C whereas Target (Rep. ID RMI:com.ibm.ejs.container.EJBMetaDataImpl:802F1AE37A188CD8:F0EAD5D1D77D8B70) = F0EAD5D1D77D8B70 minor code: 0 completed: No

What would cause this exception?

What does "mismatched serialization UIDs" mean?

How can I resolve this?

Got any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this?

p.s. - When I tell the EJB Test Client to connect to an instance of the EJB running on my localhost,
it works fine.

<<Less

Re: VisualAge, EJB Test Client, Session EJB, java.rmi.MarshalException

Posted By:   Sean_Sullivan  
Posted On:   Wednesday, February 20, 2002 08:12 PM

Re: VisualAge, EJB Test Client, Session EJB, java.rmi.MarshalException

Posted By:   daniel_walker  
Posted On:   Wednesday, February 20, 2002 05:04 PM

This problem is probably due to you having different versions of EJBMetaDataImpl on your server and your client. Is it possible that you deployed your application onto your server, then regenerated-deployed-code within your environment?
About | Sitemap | Contact