dcsimg
JRun Application Server 3.X and Stateless Session Bean Instance Pooling.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Shawn_Kersteter
Posted On:   Friday, February 15, 2002 12:53 PM

It looks like JRun is not pooling my stateless session beans. That is, each call to remote.create() actually creates a new instance of the bean, rather than returning an unused instance from the pool. I have determined this via both debug messages and with JProbe. These bean instances do not seem to be reused or, even worse, removed from memory. My understanding is that the application server is entirely responsible for the life cycle of stateless session beans, and that it is not necessary ( or even desireable ) for a client to call remote.remove(). My question: Am I mistaken about the responsibilities of the application server? And, if not, has anyone else seen this issue with JRun and figured out the resolution?    More>>

It looks like JRun is not pooling my stateless session beans. That is, each call to remote.create() actually creates a new instance of the bean, rather than returning an unused instance from the pool. I have determined this via both debug messages and with JProbe. These bean instances do not seem to be reused or, even worse, removed from memory.

My understanding is that the application server is entirely responsible for the life cycle of stateless session beans, and that it is not necessary ( or even desireable ) for a client to call remote.remove().

My question: Am I mistaken about the responsibilities of the application server? And, if not, has anyone else seen this issue with JRun and figured out the resolution?

<<Less

Re: JRun Application Server 3.X and Stateless Session Bean Instance Pooling.

Posted By:   Luigi_Viggiano  
Posted On:   Saturday, February 16, 2002 07:06 AM

An EJB Container should pool stateles session beans (and sometimes also stateful). I don't know the behaviour of JRun, but most (if not all) of EJB containers do that.
About | Sitemap | Contact