Attempting to Develop a XML based E-Commerce System.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, February 14, 2002 12:57 PM

Hi, I'm looking to design a solution for the following problem: A distributor creates a purchase order from a home grown system. This purchase order is sent to the company as a flat text file. This file must then be validated for both syntax and data values and then processed by their ERP system running on an AS/400. The solution I would like to provide is to place the data from this text file into an XML file and then create a system composed of server side components (either Java Beans or Enterprise Java Beans) that would parse the information and call the back end ERP processes (using business methods from within the beans). I have already developed a web app that processes orders using JSP and Java Beans. In this case ho   More>>

Hi,
I'm looking to design a solution for the following problem:
A distributor creates a purchase order from a home grown system. This purchase order is sent to the company as a flat text file. This file must then be validated for both syntax and data values and then processed by their ERP system running on an AS/400.

The solution I would like to provide is to place the data from this text file into an XML file and then create a system composed of server side components (either Java Beans or Enterprise Java Beans) that would parse the information and call the back end ERP processes (using business methods from within the beans). I have already developed a web app that processes orders using JSP and Java Beans. In this case however, the order will never be seen by a human unless it fails validation. I figured using XML to do this would not only be good for this part but also improve the e-commerce side as well. My only question is how to submit an XML document to a bean for processing without user intervention. Any information you can give me on this or even to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact