SwiftMQ 3.0 - use DB as persistent store?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   John_Freeborg
Posted On:   Thursday, February 14, 2002 09:00 AM

Can you replace the "Transactional Store" that SwiftMQ 3.0 comes with and have it use a DB through JDBC for storing its persistent messages? I know I'll sacrifice some performance, but the killer for me is this in the docs for the "Transactional Store": It is not possible to perform a backup during operation. The router must be shut down. A consistent backup must alway contain: page.db transaction.log xa.log when performing XA transactions all files with extension ".durable" I want to constrain all my database headaches to a single vendor due to back   More>>

Can you replace the "Transactional Store" that SwiftMQ 3.0 comes with and have it use a DB through JDBC for storing its persistent messages?

I know I'll sacrifice some performance, but the killer for me is this in the docs for the "Transactional Store":

It is not possible to perform a backup during operation. The router must be shut down. A consistent backup must alway contain:

• page.db
    • transaction.log
    • xa.log when performing XA transactions
    • all files with extension ".durable"

I want to constrain all my database headaches to a single vendor due to backup & recovery tools. Currently I'm using SQL Server 2000 SP2 w/ NetDirect JDBC drivers.

<<Less

Re: SwiftMQ 3.0 - use DB as persistent store?

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
Posted On:   Thursday, February 14, 2002 10:04 AM

Not possible, sorry. SwiftMQ doesn't support JDBC stores. Too slow, not scalable. But there are several other vendors which store messages via JDBC.
About | Sitemap | Contact