dcsimg
Action Buttons
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   kalyan_kumar
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 12, 2002 03:41 AM

I have created a form. Associated with the form there are different buttons for different actions when they are invoked. Now a user clicked a button on the form to invoke a particular action. Before the required process takes place after invoking the button the user changed his mind and clicked another button, thus halting the previous process. As my design of the forms goes, it allows the user to do so. But i want to design my form in such a way that user cannot take back his action . How can I do it. That is when once a user invokes a button, his attempt to invoke the other button while the processing for previous button's action taking place must not happen.

Re: Action Buttons

Posted By:   Christopher_Schultz  
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 12, 2002 05:41 AM

If you don't thread your event handler (the one for the button), the user will be completely unable to click on anything during processing of the first click.

If you are extra paranoid, you can set a flag in your event handler that says "the user already clicked something", and then, when in the event handler, ignore all events after that flag is set to 'true'.

-chris
About | Sitemap | Contact