receive a java.security.AccessControlException:access denied when running an applet
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Christopher_Crook
Posted On:   Friday, February 8, 2002 01:05 PM

I'm running an applet on a web server. This applet takes the server address from the html page and hands it to an application. The application then opens a socket connection with the server and sends an XML query. The XML response is read in as a character array then shortened to another character array without null bytes. Then the second array is cast to a String. Finally the string is handed to an "open source" XML parser (NanoXML 2.1 by Marc Scheemaecker <-- a great little program). at this point i get following error on my Java console: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission net.n3.nanoxml.XMLParser read) at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown    More>>

I'm running an applet on a web server. This applet takes the server address from the html page and hands it to an application. The application then opens a socket connection with the server and sends an XML query. The XML response is read in as a character array then shortened to another character array without null bytes. Then the second array is cast to a String. Finally the string is handed to an "open source" XML parser (NanoXML 2.1 by Marc Scheemaecker <-- a great little program). at this point i get following error on my Java console:

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission net.n3.nanoxml.XMLParser read)

at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.System.getProperty(Unknown Source)

at net.n3.nanoxml.XMLParserFactory.createDefaultXMLParser(XMLParserFactory.java:76)

at com.catechnology.systemgui.SystemGUI.pullInfo(SystemGUI.java:3463)

at com.catechnology.systemgui.SystemGUI.jbInit(SystemGUI.java:312)

at com.catechnology.systemgui.SystemGUI. (SystemGUI.java:270)

at com.catechnology.systemgui.SystemGUIApplet.init(SystemGUIApplet.java:32)

at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact