class files not generated
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Rich_Warren
Posted On:   Thursday, February 7, 2002 11:39 PM

I have a 3,000+ file project. When I build the project a few of the files have compile errors. The vast majority of the classes have no dependancy on those files that had compile errors yet not a single class file is written to the output dir. I can build a main class that compiles all the dependancies and writes the class files out if no compile errors occur. The problem with this is that if the main has a dependancy on only a couple of classes in a given package, then only those classes are written out and so the package is only half built. Is there a way to *force* the classes that compile without error to get written out to disk? Thanks in advance for your input.    More>>

I have a 3,000+ file project. When I build the project a few of the files have compile errors. The vast majority of the classes have no dependancy on those files that had compile errors yet not a single class file is written to the output dir.

I can build a main class that compiles all the dependancies and writes the class files out if no compile errors occur.

The problem with this is that if the main has a dependancy on only a couple of classes in a given package, then only those classes are written out and so the package is only half built.

Is there a way to *force* the classes that compile without error to get written out to disk?

Thanks in advance for your input.

<<Less

Re: class files not generated

Posted By:   Eugene_Zhuravlev  
Posted On:   Wednesday, February 13, 2002 02:45 AM

You may try to exclude from the compilation the files with the errors in File | Project Properties | Compiler

Another option is to compile the project package-by-package invoking the compiter only on certain packages,
where you are sure all classes are compilable. (use ctrl-shift-F9 shortcut from the ProjectView or Commander).
About | Sitemap | Contact