Processing after card 'tearing'
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Manorama_Aithal
Posted On:   Thursday, February 7, 2002 02:36 AM

My question is ' How to do some processing when ever card 'tear' happens. According to JCRE Specifications, When ever a card 'tear' happens, the following actions take place. Transient data is reset to the default value. The transaction in progress, if any, when power was lost (or reset occurred) is aborted. The applet that was selected when power was lost (or reset occurred) becomes implicitly deselected. (In this case the deselect method is not called.) .....etc. I want to decrement a particular count variable when ever card tear happens, so that I can lock the application after certain number of 'tears'. How shall I do this, Since when a card is inserted next time, after a re   More>>

My question is ' How to do some processing when ever card 'tear' happens. According to JCRE Specifications, When ever a card 'tear' happens, the following actions take place.

Transient data is reset to the default value.

The transaction in progress, if any, when power was lost (or reset occurred) is aborted.

The applet that was selected when power was lost (or reset occurred) becomes implicitly deselected. (In this case the deselect method is not called.)

.....etc.

I want to decrement a particular count variable when ever card tear happens, so that I can lock the application after certain number of 'tears'.
How shall I do this, Since when a card is inserted next time, after a reset, control does not go to any function.

Does anybody have any idea? Please help.

<<Less

Re: Processing after card 'tearing'

Posted By:   Julien_SIMON  
Posted On:   Friday, February 8, 2002 12:20 AM

Hi Manorama,

actually, some of the actions you describe happen at the beginning of the next session, i.e. when the card gets power again.

One way to get what you need would be to use Applet.select(). It is always called when the applet is selected, so you could manage your counter in this method. It's good enough for most of us :-)

Cheers,

Julien

About | Sitemap | Contact