dcsimg
JNDI lookup error
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Felix_Yuen
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 5, 2002 04:55 AM

Hi everyone, I am using Tomcat4 to develop a Web Application and I would like to use database connection pool to connection postgreSQL. But I meet a problem, I try to lookup a DataSource, I get a java.lang.ClassCastException , and I find that the lookup() method return null to me. I don't know why, I have try I lot of method, but still get the same problem. I have follow the document JNDI Resources HOW-TO that provide by Tomcat, get problem. Then I try to use Poolman, just follow the User guide, get problem again. After that, I try to integrate with JBoss, get the same problem too. Finally, I use Tomcat3 integrate with JBoss, I can lookup the datasource. I don't know why, is it the bug of Tomcat4?    More>>

Hi everyone,

I am using Tomcat4 to develop a Web Application and I would like to use database connection pool to connection postgreSQL. But I meet a problem, I try to lookup a DataSource, I get a java.lang.ClassCastException , and I find that the lookup() method return null to me.

I don't know why, I have try I lot of method, but still get the same problem. I have follow the document JNDI Resources HOW-TO that provide by Tomcat, get problem. Then I try to use Poolman, just follow the User guide, get problem again. After that, I try to integrate with JBoss, get the same problem too. Finally, I use Tomcat3 integrate with JBoss, I can lookup the datasource. I don't know why, is it the bug of Tomcat4?

Here is the code I use in my javabean.

Properties props = new Properties();

props.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
"org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");

props.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "localhost:1099");

InitialContext initCtx = new InitialContext(props);

DataSource ds = (DataSource) initCtx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/myDS");

Am I using the correct Context Factory?

Please help me to solve this problem, I want to use Tomcat4, I don't want to switch back to Tomcat3.

best regards,

Felix    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact